Ooty - Kodai Honeymoon Tour
Ooty is a popular hill station in the Nilgiri Hills of Western Ghats. Ooty is also famous for its tea, Chocolates, spices like green Cardamom, Eucalyptus oil. Ooty is called the Queen of hill stations with stunning colors flower at botanical garden. Traveler can enjoy the joyride in the Nilgiri Mountain with Toy Train.
Kodaikanal is the Princess of Hill Stations. The famous spots are Coaker's Walk, Silver Cascade and Kodai Lake.
Accommodation with breakfast in the selected hotels on twin or triple sharing basis.
Meal Plan as per the itinerary.
Assisstance of driver cum guide.
All transfers and sightseeing by Air conditioned vehicle.
Driver allowance, Fuel charges, Parking, Toll, Interstate tax etc.
International airfare and airport taxes.
All Entrances fees
Tips and porter charges
Any other services not specified above
1. Ooty Boat House - Ooty lake covers an area of 65 acres. The Boat house situated by the lake, which offers boating facilities to tourists, is a major tourist attraction in Ooty. The boat house offers boating facilities with Paddle boats, Row boats, and Motor boats. It also features a garden, a mini train and an amusement park. The water flowing down mountain streams in the Ooty valley was dammed to form the lake.
- Ooty Lake Entry fee Rs 15/- Adult, Rs 10/- Kids
- Pedal boat 2 seater Fees Rs 170/- Deposit Rs 170/-, Total = Rs 240/-
- Pedal boat 4 seater Fees Rs 260/- Deposit Rs 260/-, Total = Rs 520/-
- Motor boats 8 seater Fees Rs 520/- Driver Charge Rs 40/-, Total = Rs 560/-
- Motor boats 10 seater Fees Rs 640/- Driver Charge Rs 40/-, Total = Rs 680/-
- Motor boats 15 seater Fees Rs 950/- Driver Charge Rs 40/-, Total = Rs 990/-
- Row boat 3+1 seater boat Fees Rs 205/- Driver Charge Rs 45/- Deposit Rs 250/-, Total = Rs 500/-
- Row boat 5+1 seater boat Fees Rs 245/- Driver Charge Rs 45/- Deposit Rs 290/-, Total = Rs 580/-
All deposits will be refunded after the boat ride.
Other activity fees inside Ooty Lake:
- Mini train especially for kids which cost Rs 25/- per head
- 7D Cinema, Horror and Mirror House cost Rs 100/- per head
- Dashing car, Break-dance and Columbus cost Rs 50/- per head
Other things to do nearby Ooty Lake: Horse Ride and Cycling
2. Government Botanical Garden - The Government Botanical Garden in Udhagamandalam was laid out in 1848. The Gardens, divided into several sections, cover an area of around 55 hectares, and lie on the lower slopes of Doddabetta peak. The garden has a terraced layout. The month of April and May are the ideal time to enjoy this garden in full bloom and natural glory.
Entrance Fee: For adults is 30/- INR per head and for children below 10 years is 15/- INR per head.
3. Government Rose Garden - The Government Rose Garden is situated on the slopes of the Elk Hill in Vijayanagaram of Ooty town, at an altitude of 2200 meters. A visitor after visiting this Rose Garden can feel the satisfaction of having seen almost all the varieties of roses available in India in one place. On an average eight lakh visitors enjoy this fabulous collection of Roses every year which has become one of the Best Rose Garden in the whole of India. This Government Rose Garden is the only Garden in India having been awarded with ‘GARDEN EXCELLENCE’ from the World Rose Federation.
4. St. Stephen's Church - St. Stephen's Church is located on the road to Mysore in Ooty, It is one of the oldest churches in the Nilgiris district. The main beam and all the required timber were taken from Tipu Sultan's palace after the British defeated him in the Mysore War. The timber was bought all the way down from Seringapatanam and carried through the Sigur Ghat. The marvel of British architecture is clearly visible in the church and it also has a painting of the Last Supper. The St Stephens Church is visited by lots of tourists every year and it is a main tourist attraction in Ooty. The structure still stands tall and there are no signs of wear and tear although it has been about two hundred years since it was built.
5. The Tea Factory and Museum - Set a top one of the many blue hills of the Nilgiris District and adjacent to the Dodabetta Tea Factory, the Tea Museum is a ‘must-see’ for all tea lovers. They charge one entry for INR 10/- to visit the plant and explain how the Tea is being produced from the leafs and while you complete the visit, someone would be handing you over a cup of tea, equally good to taste. The return path is channelled in a way that covers their sales counter, showing varieties of flavoured and organic teas. The next passage is for the chocolate factory adjacent to the tea factory.
6. Nilgiri Mountain Railway - The Nilgiri Mountain Railway is a 1,000 mm metre gauge railway in Tamil Nadu, India, built by the British in 1908. The railway is operated by the Southern Railway and is the only rack railway in India. The quaint toy train pulls blue and cream wooden carriages with large windows. The Nilgiri Mountain Railway runs from Mettupalayam to Udagamandalam (Ooty), via Coonoor, in the Nilgiri Hills of Tamil Nadu.
The Nilgiri Mountain Railway is 46 kilometers (28.5 miles) long. It passes through many tunnels, and over hundreds of bridges (about 30 of them are large ones). The railway is particularly picturesque because of the surrounding rocky terrain, ravines, tea plantations, and thickly forested hills. Coonoor, with its world famous teas, is a tourist destination in itself. The most spectacular scenery and best views are situated along the stretch from Mettupalayam to Coonoor. Hence, some people prefer to only travel along this part.
Regular Train Services and Fares
One toy train service operates on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway from Mettupalayam to Ooty per day. There are seven stations along the route. The timetable is as follows:
The Mettupalayam-Ooty train leaves Mettupalayam at 7.10 a.m and arrives in Ooty at noon. Coming back, the Ooty-Mettupalayam train leaves Ooty at 2 p.m. and reaches Mettupalayam at 5.35 p.m.
Also there are 3 toy trains daily from Ooty to Coonoor, the first toy train from Ooty leaves at 09:15 hours and reaches Coonoor at 10:25 hours and at 12:15 hours and reaches Coonoor at 13:20 hours and at 18:00 hours and reaches Coonoor at 19:10 hours.
The Coonoor-Ooty train leaves Coonoor at 12:35 hours and arrives in Ooty at 13:50 and at 16:30 hours and reaches Ooty at 17:45 hours.
7. Thunder World- A brand new Dinosaur park called as Thunder world in ooty, 23 dinosaurs models around 40 to 60 feet tall and 11 dinosaurs are movable, best place for children's to enjoy the movable and sound effect dinosaur park near ooty boat house. Kid-oriented amusement park with a dinosaur attraction & an indoor snow room, plus a food court.
Timing: Mon-Fri: 9.00 am to 7.00 pm, Sat-Sun: Mon-Fri: 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
Fees: Super Combo: Rs. 550/- per person (Adults), Rs. 450/- per person(Children 3- 10 yrs)
8. Government Museum - Small museum featuring exhibits on cultural history as well as Zoology, Botany & Archaeology.
9. Doddabetta - Doddabetta is the highest mountain in the Nilgiri Mountains at 2,637 metres. There is a reserved forest area around the peak. It is 9 km from Ooty, on the Ooty-Kotagiri Road in the Nilgiris District. It is a popular tourist attraction with road access to the summit.
10. Ketti Valley View Point - Ketti Valley View Point is a popular vantage point situated on Ooty - Coonoor Road in Nilgiris district. It is one the most beautiful sightseeing places in Ooty and also one of the top places to experince Ooty. As the name suggests, the view point provides a panoramic view of the Ketti Valley, the largest valley in the Nilgiris, and it's beautiful surroundings.
11. Kalhatti Falls - Kalhatti Falls is a tourist spot near Ooty, are about 13 km from Ooty. From the Kalhatti village one has to continue for 2 miles to reach the falls and the falls is connected in the same Kalhatti village road. It is one of the top places to visit in Ooty and also one of the best waterfalls in Ooty. The falls offer best views during the monsoon season. The falls is mostly dried up in winter & summer seasons.
12. 9th Mile Shooting Point - The name itself suggests that 9th mile is located 9 miles away from ooty city. It is one of the best scenic view and most attractive tourist spot in Ooty. It is fully surrounded by lush green, mountains and dense forest . This place is extremely calm and scenic lending a perfect venue for hangout zone. So by inflicting this place you can have a leisure trip. Pykara is near to the 9th mile.
13. Pykara - Pykara is the name of a village and river 19 kms from Ooty is considered very sacred by the Todas. It rises at Mukurthi peak, flows northwards, and then turns to the west after reaching the edge of the plateau. As the river flows down the mountains it forms two majestic waterfalls. To bask in the summer sun by the side of the lake or go boating in the lake are the favorite pastimes of people who visit there. The best time to see the falls is in July. The falls can be reached by little moderate walk (5-10 mins) on well laid path from the parking location.
Timings: 8.30 AM - 5. 30 PM
Entry Fee: Rs. 5/- for Person
14. Avalanche Lake - Avalanche Lake is located 28 kms from Ooty in the Nilgiris district in Tamil Nadu. If you are interested in spending the night there, take a tent with you as you have provisions for pitching tents there. The lake is available for fishing and nearby the lake itself you have a trout hatchery, from where you can get fishing rods and other essentials you require. A perfect hang out during the daytime, you can set up a camp site and cook the fish you caught and then enjoy the night in the night in the tent with your family.
15. Emerald Lake - Emerald Lake is near Emerald village in the Nilgiris district located in a region called the silent valley, about 25 kms from the Ooty town. Far from maddening crowds packed in the town, this place is untouched by regular tourists. The blue water of the lake and the woods around are home to a number of flora and fauna, and the most visible among them are the different types of domestic birds. The Tea gardens is a great spot to spend some time as it gives a memorable experience. Trekking is another activity visitors can indulge in.
Timings: 8. 30 AM - 6.00 PM