South India Church Tour
Church is a place of adoration for Christian people. Velankanni is one of the most important shrines in Christianity. Velankanni Madha is adored all over the world for its ‘Shrine Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health’ dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Sacred Arogya Matha is supposed to hold miraculous remedial powers and once you pay homage at the feet of Our Lady of Good Health, all your sicknesses and diseases are sure to get healed. In this shrine the sorrowing Mother Mary is portrayed carrying the Infant Jesus in her sacred arms.
Accommodation with breakfast in the selected hotels on twin or triple sharing basis.
Meal Plan as per the itinerary.
Assisstance of driver cum guide.
All transfers and sightseeing by Air conditioned vehicle.
Driver allowance, Fuel charges, Parking, Toll, Interstate tax etc.
International airfare and airport taxes.
All Entrances fees
Tips and porter charges
Any other services not specified above
1. Government Museum - The Government Museum also known as Egmore Museum or the Madras Museum is the second oldest museums in India after Indian museum in Kolkatta which is located in Egmore, Chennai. If you have any interest in Indian art this place is a must! an amazing collection of classic Indian bronze sculptures of dancing Siva's, Ganesh and Kali. These works are well lit, superb and well worth a look. This government museum has some primitive statues and some old artefacts. The most striking feature or attractive thing about this is the collection of paintings from the British era. Some paintings are of great painter Raja Ravi Verma. There are a lot of interesting displays in here including old statues of Hindu gods which are very impressive.
Timings: 09.30 AM - 5.00 PM Closed: Friday
Charges: Indian-15 INR; Foreigner- 250 INR
2. VGP Universal & Snow Kingdom - VGP Universal Kingdom is an amusement park located in East Coast Road in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is the best theme park in Chennnai. The park provides several fun and adventure rides for children, youth and adults. It offer amusement water rides, fun attractions & thrilling snow games at family-friendly pricing.
Package: Gold(Universal + Aqua) / Platinum(Universal + Aqua + Snow)
Entry: Adult: 550 INR / 945 INR; Child: 450 INR / 845 INR (Between 90 - 120 cms in ht)
3. Guindy National Park & Snake Park - It is the 8th-smallest National Park of India and one of the very few national parks situated inside a city (Adyar). Guindy Snake Park, it is located next to the Children's Park in the Guindy National Park campus. In addition to over thirty Indian snakes, this specialty zoo is home to domestic and exotic crocodiles, turtles and tortoises. A library and museum are also on site. For those interested in the study of snakes it is a wonderful place. Though creepy and scary at times, it is a place worth the visit.
Visiting Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM (All days of the week except Tuesday)
Entry: Adult: 15 INR; Child: 10 INR
4. Valluvar Kottam - It's a temple chariot like-monument in kodambakkam in Chennai, dedicated to the classical tamil poet philosopher Thiruvalluvar. In addition to being an important tourist destination in the city, Valluvar Kottam also plays host to some of the most important exhibitions and events in the city. Handlooms and handicrafts are regularly hosted in the auditorium here and is a good way to spend a few hours admiring the artistic beauty of both the what lays inside and outside.
5. DakshinaChitra - DakshinaChitra is a living-history museum in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, dedicated to South Indian heritage and culture. Located 25 kms to the south of Chennai. It portrays a slice of the traditions, art, architecture, lifestyles, crafts and customs of 4 South Indian states - Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
Timings: 10am to 6 pm; Weekly holiday: Tuesday
Indians: Adult - INR 100 - INR 120; Students (13-18yrs) - INR 50
Overseas visitors: Adult - INR 250; Students - INR 70
6. B.M. Birla Planetarium - B. M. Birla Planetarium is a large planetarium in kotturpuram, Chennai providing a virtual tour of the night sky and holding cosmic shows on a specially perforated hemispherical aluminium inner dome. Multi-dimensional activities and multimedia projection arrangements which have been incorporated inside the sky theatre make the programme further lively and excited one.
Timings: 10 am to 5.45 pm (Open all days except on national holidays.)
Show timings:10.45 am, 1.15 pm and 3.45 pm (English) & 12 noon and 2.30 pm (Tamil)
Entry: 60 - 100 INR
7. Arignar Anna Zoological Park - It is the first public zoo in India, also known as the Vandalur Zoo, is a zoological garden located in Vandalur, is in the south western part of Chennai, about 31 kilometres from the Chennai Central and 15 kilometres from Chennai Airport. Well maintained zoo with an amazing diversity of flora and fauna. The animals are well kept and healthy. The four Bengal tigers born in the zoo were a treat to watch. It's a huge space and lots of walking required. Great that they have bicycle and e-vehicle option to roam in the zoo.
- 50 per person for adults (above 10 years)
- 20 per person for children (5 to 12 years)
- 100 per person Lion and Deer Safari for adult
- 60 per person Lion and Deer Safari for children
8. St. Thomas Mount - St. Thomas Mount is a small hillock in Chennai, near Guindy and very close to Chennai International Airport. The ancient Syrian Christian community of India trace the origin of their church to St. Thomas the Apostle.
9. Vivekananda House - Vivekanandar Illam, earlier known as Ice House or Castle Kernan is a historical building in Chennai. It was constructed in 1842 by Frederic Tudor. Indian Saint Swami Vivekananda stayed in the building when he visited Chennai in 1897 and was later renamed in his honor. Now, this historic place houses a permanent exhibition on Indian Culture and Swami Vivekananda’s Life.
Timing: 10.00 AM to 12.15 PM and from 3.00 PM to 7.15 PM except Mondays.
Entry Fee: Rs.10 per adult and Rs.5 per child.
10. MGM Dizzee World - MGM Dizzee World is a theme park located in East Coast Road, Chennai. The park has a log flume, Ferris wheel, spider spin, roller coaster, the funny mountain, dashing cars, super trooper, a water world and it also hosts special seasonal shows.
Park Timings: 10:30 A.M. - 6:30 P.M.
Entry Fee: Adult: 699 INR; Child: 549 INR
11. Queens Land - Queens Land is a theme park is located by the Chennai-Bangalore Trunk Road between Sriperumpudhur and Poonamalle.
The entry fee is 750 INR for an adult and 450 INR for a child. Children shorter than 2 feet (0.61 m) tall are not charged.
The park is open from 10 am to 6:30 pm on weekdays and 10:00 am to 7:30 pm on weekends and government holidays. It is closed on Mondays for maintenance, with the exception of holidays. Food and drink are available within the park.
12. Kishkinta - Kishkinta is a theme park located in Chennai, near Vandalur Railway station which has a serene atmosphere, 13 km south of Anakaputhur.
Timing: 10:00 AM to 06:30 PM
Park Access Tariff: Senior - Rs.690; Junior - Rs.490
13. Vadapalani Murugan Temple - Renovated in 1920, this Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Muruga is a popular place to get married.
14. Kalikambal Temple - The K?lik?mbal Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Shri K?lig?mb?l and Lord Kamadeswarar, located in Parry's corner locality of the city of Chennai.
15. Shree Sai Baba Temple - Shirdi Sai Baba Temple is a Hindu temple located in the neighbourhood of Mylapore & Akkarai in Chennai. It is dedicated to the Indian saint Sai Baba of Shirdi.
16. ISKCON - ISKCON Temple Chennai is a Vaishnava temple dedicated to Lord Krishna. It is located on the East Coast Road at Akkarai, Sholinganallur in southern Chennai. Built on 1.5 acres of land, the International Society for Krishna Consciousness Chennai is the largest Radha Krishna temple in Tamil Nadu.
17. Sowcarpet - Sowcarpet is a neighbourhood in the northern part of Chennai. Sowcarpet is one of the oldest neighbourhoods of the city with narrow streets and vintage buildings. It is a bustling commercial area of the city, and a range of wholesale markets are located here.
18. Annai Vailankanni Shrine - Gothic-style Catholic pilgrimage destination with a small museum & store for religious items.
1. Kallanai - Kallanai is an ancient dam built across the river Kaveri in South India. This is situated in Tamil Nadu in the district of Trichy. This dam was constructed in AD 2nd century by the Chola king Karikalan which is located 15 km away from Tiruchirapalli. The dam is originally located in Thanjavur district, by approximately 20 km from trichy across kaveri river. The purpose of the dam was to divert the waters of the Kaveri across the fertile Thanjavur delta region for irrigation via canals.
2. Jambukeswarar Temple, Thiruvanaikaval - Jambukeswarar Temple, Thiruvanaikaval is a famous Shiva temple in Tiruchirapalli district. The temple was built by Kocengannan, one of the Early Cholas, around 1,800 years ago. It is located in the Srirangam island, which has the famous Ranganathaswamy temple.
3. Samayapuram Mariamman Temple - Samayapuram Mariamman Temple is a Hindu temple in Samayapuram in Tiruchirappalli. The main deity, Samayapurathal or Mariamman is made of sand and clay like many of the traditional Mariamman deities, and hence unlike many other Hindu deities there are no abhishekams (sacred washing) conducted to the main deity, but instead the "abishekam" is done to the small stone statue in front of it.
4. Butterfly Park - It's a large park featuring a glass butterfly house, landscaped gardens, a fountain & an eatery. This park has garden, fountain, large butterfly glass house, fountain and hut to take rest and have food. The Park also had a 1.2 km walkway for the visitors. The garden is full of nectar flowers and host plants to attract butterflies. A big blue tiger butterfly sculpture can be seen at entrance in the lawn.
5. Our Lady of Lourdes Church - The Our Lady of Lourdes Church is located in the city of Tiruchirapalli in the state of Tamil Nadu. The Church is devoted to Our Lady of Lourdes. The feast of Our Lady of Lourdes is held annually on 11 February.
Mass Timings: 5 30 am, 6 30 am, 8 am, 5 pm (English), 6 pm
6. Srirangam Island - Srirangam Island is a river island situated within the city of Tiruchirappalli. It is formed by the river Kaveri and the Kollidam, a tributary of the Kaveri. The island is 19 miles in length and 1.5 miles wide. It is bounded by the Upper Anaicut to the west and the Grand Anaicut to the east. Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple is located in the island of Srirangam. It is the tallest temple tower in Asia. Apart from this main tower, there are 21 towers in the temple, each with uniqueness. All the tower in the temple are sculpted with the excellent art work by the ancient artistic legends.
7. World War I Memorial - World War I Memorial, located opposite to Gandhi Market, Tiruchirappalli, is war memorial dedicated for the soldiers of Trichinopoly.
8. Aayiram Kaal Mandapam - Tourist attraction in Tiruchirappalli, in the state of Tamilnadu, India. This is an excellent masterpiece of the Pandian era, which is built out of a single rock. Located inside the Meenakshi Amman temple, this hall houses 1000 pillars, which was built during 1569 A.D. Once you enter Meenakshi Amman temple it will lead to this mandabam (hall). It has ancient articles displayed around the mandapam built with 1000 pillars.
The carvings and statues on each of the pillars are unique and fabulous. Its amazing that such intricate carvings and statues were done hundreds of years back. So artistic and tasteful. There is a statue of Natarajar at the center of this hall. This is an example of the marvel of Indian architecture.
9. Main Guard Gate - Remains of an entrance to the ancient Tiruchirappalli Fort complex with many surrounding vendors. Main Guard Gate open for 24 hrs and all days of the week and there's no Entry fees.
1. Promenade Beach - Promenade Beach is the popular stretch of beachfront in the city of Puducherry, along the Bay of Bengal. It is a 1.2-kilometre-long stretch in Pondicherry, starts from War Memorial and end at Dupleix Park on the Goubert Avenue.
2. Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus - Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, situated on the south boulevard of Pondicherry in Puducherry, is an oriental specimen of Gothic architecture. It contains rare stained glass panels depicting events from the life of Christ and saints of the Catholic Church.
3. Rock Beach - Bordered by a street with restaurants, this scenic, rocky beach draws crowds during the evening.
4. Immaculate Conception Cathedral - It's the cathedral mother church for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Pondicherry and Cuddalore. It is located in the Union territory of Puducherry. It is also known as "Samba Kovil", which is a phonetic corruption of "Saint Paul’s Kovil" where "Kovil" means church.
5. Botanical Garden - Botanical garden built by French colonists on 22 acres with themed plots. The gardens also offers Toy train rides, six fountains one of which is a musical and dancing fountain - active on weekends, with two shows in the evening. It also boasts of a Japanese rock structure and an aquarium.
Timings: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Charges: Adults: Rs. 10/- and Children: Rs. 5/-
Note: Train rides are chargeable and require a minimum head count to start. Visiting the Aquarium is also chargeable.
6. Aayi Mandapam - Aayi Mandapam is a white monument in Pondicherry, built during the time of Napoleon III, Emperor of France. It is situated in center of Bharathi park. The monument commemorates the provision of water to the French city during his reign. It was named after a lady courtesan called Ayi.
7. French War Memorial - The French War Memorial in Puducherry, is a war memorial dedicated to residents of French India who died for the country during the First World War. It is on Goubert Avenue in Puducherry, located opposite to the Gandhi statue. The memorial is quite popular among tourists and is one of the major attractions of Pondicherry.
Open: Every day
Visiting Hours: 10 am to 05 pm